Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Monday, March 29, 2010

After deciding that I would not be ready for the Country Music Marathon after my 17 mile run on March 20th, I went EIGHT DAYS WITHOUT RUNNING a single mile. I was not sure how I would be affected by the layoff - well rested or loss of conditioning.

I ran a very slow 3 miles in 30:26. The conditioning wasn't that bad, but I still wondered to myself, "How did I do 17 miles? I know couldn't do it now." I was also wondering why I was even running. I could be home sitting in front of the TV or doing something else. Running takes up a lot of time. A 3 mile run takes up an hour or so after showering, etc. For me, a 15-miler or more takes a day or two, because of the recovery period my old body needs.

PAIN! A few hours after my 3-miler, I was about to sit down when PAIN shot through my left knee! I fell to the floor and writhed in pain for a few minutes. The pain was on the outside of my left knee and ran a short ways down. I finally stretched it out and was able to walk around fine. It seems to only hurt when I move it certain ways. This has the same feeling as my right ITB did as I tried to let it heal. Because I do NOT want to go through that again, I am restarting my running - with 3 miles being my long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment