Monday, January 9, 2012

End of 2011

I didn't realize I was so far behind. You will be thankful that I forgot all the details and will provide only a summary of the last runs for 2011.

December 8: ran 8 miles
December 9: ran 10 miles
December 10: ran 5 miles
December 12: ran 2 miles. Yes, only 2. It was cold, dark, and I just wasn't into it.
December 13: ran 8 miles.
December 17: ran 20 miles. Well, traveled 20 miles. I ran from Crissy's house to the lake at Danville. I turned around and ran another mile, but 11 miles was about all I could run. I did try to run every now and then, but 99% of the last 9 miles was spent walking. I felt like I was about to freeze to death. The wind was awful - both directions. This let down really told me to forget the Mississippi Blues Marathon on January 7.
December 20: ran 10 miles
December 23: ran 9 miles.
December 31: ran 10 miles.

I used the Christmas "going-ons" to slack on my running, which cost me from hitting the 1,000 mile mark for the year. I finished 27.5 miles short. The good news is that the 104 miles I ran during the month was my second highest monthly total ever, just behind September's 108.1. Something I would not have expected during a winter month, but it was a unusually warm December for the most part. This was my 5th month to go over 100 miles, and the 4th time in 5 months (November was only 69.3).

No comments:

Post a Comment