Thursday, February 3, 2011

Makes Me Wanna Cry

No, it is not an injury - not even soreness - that makes me want to cry, but how slowly I ran the 4 miles tonight. It was 30 degrees and windy, but not as windy as yesterday, when I headed out at 5:15 pm. My legs were (still are) sore about half between the knee and ankle. It is kind of funny, because the soreness circles around the leg, not just in the front or back, and it's like that for both legs.

I ran the first mile in 9:14 - I can live with that. The second mile was in 10:25 - I shouldn't be that slow on just Mile 2. Once again, Mile 3 was my slowest mile at 11:15 - yes, 11:15. Mile 4 was 10:56 - at least it was under 11:00. My total time was 41:50 for a pace of 10:28. Those times would make anyone want to cry.

For the second day in-a-row, I set a new personal record for "Recovery To". Today, I hit 100 even. I'm not sure if it should count, though. As you can tell by my times, I didn't exactly exert myself. My average heart rate was only 150 (the lowest ever); My max heart rate only reached 163 (the lowest ever); and my Recovery From was 146 (second lowest ever).

2 comments:

  1. you are just posting these false times to give me false hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. It was shameful to post these. I wouldn't think to post such slow times to mess with you. :)

    ReplyDelete