Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hatin' the Wind Again

After a beautiful weekend, the temperature has been dropping. I almost had myself talked out of running, because it was so cold. Somehow, I made it out the door by 5:00 pm. It was 27 degrees with a windchill making it feel 12 degrees colder. No snow here, but to the north snow runs 2,100 miles across the United States. And not just a dusting, but feet of snow. New York has even seen record snowfall.

This 6 mile run was miserable run. Due to the horrific wind, one nostril was running like crazy and the other was stopped up. I guess it was stopped up. It was like nothing was in it, but I couldn't breathe in or out of it. It was one of the worst feelings I've ever dealt with. I forgot to put chapstick on before I left; it wouldn't have mattered unless I applied it to my whole face, though. I think my nose may have gotten frostbitten.

The numbers: 8:53, 9:17, 9:15, 9:38, 10:08, and 10:08, for a total time of 57:19 (a 9:33 pace). Heart Rates: 163 avg, 178 max, 72 rest. Recovery 159 to a new record low of 104.

1 comment:

  1. you are killing me, i am struggling to keep up with your paces when i am running inside on a treadmill in good conditions, with no wind. i think i need to get outside into the real world of running again.

    ReplyDelete