Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Half - And I Don't Mean Marathon

I had been doing so well, but before today, I have only ran a 5k in the last 5 days. I planned on running my long 16 miles yesterday (Monday), but forgot it was Halloween, so I didn't run at all. I thought I would try it tonight. Well, we got home late from work. It was almost 6:00 before I got out the door. The temperature was already down to 63 degrees, with darkness coming soon. I thought I would run to the 5 mile marker and see how I was feeling. If I was feeling good, I would run further and try to get in the 16 miles. If I didn't feel good, I would just turn around and head home for a 10 miler. Well, it was dark and getting cooler, especially since I had sweated during the warmer time. I headed for home and just 10 miles. Then I got to the point that I just didn't want to be out there anymore, so I took a little short cut. It's not that I couldn't run 10 miles or didn't want to run 10 miles - I just didn't want to be running in the dark with cooling temperatures. I am so used to the sunlight and warmth. I only ran 8 miles. My lack of enthusiasm slowed me down to 1:20:07, a 10:01 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment