Friday, July 20, 2012

July 19, 2012

Still trying to master 5 miles.  I had to walk again.  I was feeling good enough that I thought I could push myself to complete the 5 miler at a slow jog.  It was 91 degrees and breezy.  About mile 3.5, I got a chill.  I told myself keep running until at least 4 miles.  Then I got "cold" before reaching mile 4, but I did it.  Then I began walking, and walked about 3/4 of mile 5.  I jogged a little in the middle.  When I got finished, I began sweating like crazy and it would not stop.  My clothes were soaked.  My recovery heart rate also went up instead of down, from 138 to 150.  It had also reached 197 during the run.  My pace was 10:47.

2 comments:

  1. I'm wondering if maybe you WEREN'T born 2 run @ 40??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't! I was trying to fool myself. I also thought if I put it where people could see everything I would work to do better. That didn't work either.

    ReplyDelete