Friday, March 29, 2013

March 28, 2013 - A Training Run

I had decided I would only post about races, since the training run posts are pretty much boring (i.e. I ran 5 miles in 45 minutes).  If you are not chased by a dog or something strange doesn't happen, after awhile, the posts become mundane. Well, mine do - not everybody's.  However, this training run does hold a special place in my heart.  Not that anything extraordinary happened or it was a great run, it is just that I did ran.  This was my first training run since February 13!  I have ran two half marathons and a 5k in between, though. In an earlier post, I commented that I was trying to be a Weekend Warrior.  It was more like an Every Other Weekend Warrior - 10 days from February training run of 4 miles to the first half marathon, a week from then to the 5k, 2 weeks from the 5k to the second half marathon, and then 12 days until I ran today.  With 3 days left in March (and I hope to get a run in on Saturday to add a few more miles), I have a total of 21.2 miles for the month (and 34.3 for the last 43 days).  I should be running somewhere around 30 miles per week!  The main reason for me not running:  the weather.  I have just not been happy with it.  There have been a few nice days, but by the time I got home from work, the weather had changed.  After a mostly sunny day, the sun was behind the clouds or maybe even raining.  We've even had some snow this week.  It did stick to the ground, but just days after the first day of spring, it was snowing and cold!  If there were any nice days, I was unable to run due to some other thing I had to do.  All I know is that, "The Country Music Marathon (less than a month away) is really going to kill me."

No comments:

Post a Comment