Monday, April 9, 2012

April 7, 2012 - 16 Miles

I was on the run at 7:45 am. It was 39 degrees and sunny. The high was to reach 73 today, but it didn't warm up as quickly as I expected.  When I finished about 2 hours and 40 minutes later, it was only 57 degrees.  What has happened to the above average temps we've been having?  I broke a sweat in the sun and froze in the shade.  The wind was just strong enough to really tick me off.  Of course, it was strongest in my longest in-sun stretch.  If it wasn't for the wind, I think I could have enjoyed this run.  My body felt pretty good.  I was tempted to walk a few times, not because I needed to, but because my mind kept telling me I was "doing 16 miles" and I needed to "save up".

I ran with my iPod.  I didn't listen to any music.  I used the stop watch on it.  The first 9 miles were under 10:00 each; the last 7 miles were all over 10:00.  My fastest was Mile 8 at 9:09.  Why 8?  I don't know.  My slowest was 16, of course, at 10:53.  Total time: 2:37:59.  Pace:  9:52.  I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment