Friday, April 13, 2012

Thurdsday, April 12, 2012

I only ran 8 of the planned 10.  It was 62 degrees, but I wore pants, long sleeves, and a skull cap, like I did yesterday when it was about 8 degrees cooler.  It was sunny and a little windy.  The wind didn't seem as bad as yesterday, mostly because it was warmer.  The wind did pick up the longer I ran, so I cut it 2 miles short.  Now, I'm 5 miles behind for the week with 99.9% chance of not making it up.  Last week, I finished 8 miles short.  I always seem to begin missing runs within a month of the marathon.  Last March, I ran 58 miles and should have logged around 136, with a long run of 18 miles. My long run was 12 (I also ran two 10's).  Last April, I put in 67 miles (not including the marathon) of 92 training miles.  My long run should have been 20; I did 14 (and four 10's).  This year, even though I'm still ill-prepared, I hope to be in better shape.  This March I ran 95 miles (only about 41 miles short versus 78 last year).  I had longer long runs, including a 15, 14, half marathon, and a 10. Although I've already missed a few April runs and 2 weeks is not up yet, I have gotten in 39 miles.  Hopefully, I will surpass last April's mark.  My long run has been 16, so I'm already 2 miles ahead of last year's longest.  I hope to do 18-20 Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment