Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I did not run Monday, which I should have.  The half didn't affect me that much.  I ran 10 miles today, instead of the scheduled 5, because I probably won't get to run Wednesday's 8.  I'm planning on another 10 Thursday. 

As I was lacing up my shoes, I push the button to go from the time to the running display.  The screen went blank.  No numbers had shown up before I was ready to head out, so I got the time from my truck's clock to be sure I had some idea of how long it took me.  Before I reached Mile 1, the numbers were beginning to fade in.  I thought it was coming back.  I pushed the button at Mile 1.  The screen went blank, as it has been for the last few runs, before appearing again.  The same thing happened for 3 miles.  I never saw a number after that.  The watch would beep like always indicating the next lap for the next few  miles.  When I pushed it for Mile 9, it seemed like it beeped twice (as if I had punched it twice).  I held it up to my ear.  There was a low, constant shrill.  It lasted for a minute.  Now, my watch is totally dead.

According to my truck clock, it took me 1:38:??.  A pace of 9:48.  I also wished I had my heart rate monitor on.  My heart seemed to go a little haywire for moment.  Of course, the watch would never have connected to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment