Monday, April 23, 2012

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Last long run before the big day.  Funny how 10 miles doesn't seem that far a week after running a 20 miler.  That's a lie!  10 miles is a long way no matter when! 

After a warm March, in which some temperature records were broken, April has been somewhat cool.  Today's high was to be around 60-65, but we had some things to do in the afternoon.  I was running at 8:00 am.  It was 47 degrees with a 90% chance of rain.  It was windy!  Weatherman said 10 mph winds; it seemed double that to me.  I can't complain about the wind, though.  God held the rain back, so I finished before a single drop fell. 

I ran 10 miles in 1:36:35.  A 9:39 pace.  Each mile's time varied quite a bit.  I would have preferred a more consistent pace this being the Saturday before the marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment