Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday, April 26, 2010

It was drizzling a little with a cool breeze when I started. The sun broke through the clouds with less than a mile left and it got hot. Even with yesterday's rest day, my legs were really tired.

I ran for the first time with my heart rate monitor. I'm not sure what the numbers mean or what to do with them. My minimum heart rate was 97; the maximum was 188; and the average was 171. According to runnersworld.com, which I just looked up, my maximum heart rate should be 200. The old formula was 220-your age; Runner's World now believes the best formula for 40 and older is 220-(your age * 0.5). I also don't know how much time I am to spend in zones at certain rates.

I failed to complete my 3-mile run in under the 9 minute pace. I finished at a 9:05.

2 comments:

  1. keep it up. sometimes i wish i didn't hunt then i could spend all that time running, especially when i read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a sign at Hill Top that someone has turkeys and eggs for sale. You can buy them and not have to hunt them! OR, you can drive down Salem Road and see them at times. You can also see them on the road at work.

    ReplyDelete