Sunday, November 21, 2010

I Ran on November 20

Well, this was my second run in 21 days, and my first in 16 days. After a feel good Clarksville Half Marathon, I thought I could take a week or two off and pick right back up. I don't mean distance-wise, but at the pace of my shorter runs without killing myself to do so. I was wrong! It seems I have lost 3 months of training over the last 3 weeks of "nothing".

After getting a haircut, I drove out to the Animal House to get Morgan some food. I talked to Shane, who has 2 weeks before the St. Jude's Marathon in Memphis. Talking to him inspired me to get back on the road. After I got back home, I got up a few leaves (hopefully, that's all for the year), and Sherri and I put up a few Christmas decorations outside. Nothing like the previous years - we have 4 lighted deer, 3 lighted trees, some spiral trees, and a few other things that we did not set out. Thank goodness! Before we headed to Crissy's to help get her Christmas stuff out of the attic (Corey's working in Alabama), I decided to run.

I wasn't sure on how many miles to start back up with, so I went with 4, which is the number Shane suggested I should be able to do. I struggled through those 4 miles. My chest hurt all the way across - from armpit to armpit. I didn't want to finish - wasn't sure if I could finish. Times - 8:23, 8:56, 9:31, 9:13. Total time: 36:04. Pace: 9:01.

No comments:

Post a Comment