Monday, November 22, 2010

Am I Serious?

I thought that after I finally picked back up on Saturday that I would run on Sunday, too. I was too tired and sore. What has happened? My legs haven't been this sore in awhile. So, no running on Sunday. However, I did run Monday morning.

It was a nice morning for a run at 5:00 am. The sky was clear and the moon was full, so I had some light. The temperature is around 20 degrees above normal for today, so it was a nice 61 degrees. Rain is supposed to be moving in for tomorrow morning, so I had the breeze blowing that upcoming rain in as well. However, my legs were still sore, and I weighed more this morning than I have since June 15. The run was just so-so, but it didn't kill me - 8:33, 8:56, 9:10. Total time: 26:39; Pace: 8:53.

For last year's Oxford Run 4 Hope Half Marathon, I didn't begin running regularly until January, because of my ITB injury. If I want to break the 8 minute mark in February, I need to get serious - NOW!

1 comment:

  1. sorry i was a little hard on you, thought i would have to go drastic to get you back!

    ReplyDelete