Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ran Anyway

My original plan was to wait until Saturday to run again, but I thought I may as well get back to it. After all, I have a runner that is "about" a decade younger than me wanting to run faster than me. I want to retain the best times for as long as I can, because I know one day he will catch me. He's running further distances than me already. Besides, he needs a lofty goal to achieve. :)

My ankle did okay until about 1.5 miles into the run. Once again, it felt like a cracked bone from the bottom of the ball across the top to the other side. I thought about stopping, but it was cool (53 degrees) and a strong wind that made it feel cooler. It worked itself out and had only a few instances of shooting pain the rest of the run. My concern, though, was my right ITB. It was last year after the Clarksville Half that I injured it before. I do NOT want a repeat. Before I had gone the first half-mile, I felt that familiar pain. I was hoping it would loosen up. The pain did ease up, but it was always nagging at me. After each strike of my right foot, I felt a sigh of relief that I didn't feel like someone shot me in the knee.

I ran the four miles in 33:41, an 8:25 pace. I will let this slide - this time - since I was worried about the ITB. If I am able to run a half marathon in a pace of 8:09, shouldn't my shorter training runs be under 8:00?

No comments:

Post a Comment