Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Trying to Get Back to Running

Later in the day after Saturday's half marathon, everything from just above my right knee down seemed to stop working. It was my like my knee was frozen and unable to bend. I could feel every cell in my calf resisting movement. I was thinking, "Oh, no. I don't want to feel this way for days or weeks." I didn't have to. A few hours later, everything loosened up. Now, my problem was my ankle. My ankle hurt all day Sunday. It felt like the bone was cracked from the ball across the top to the other side. Monday, it seemed to be moving from the ball to the bottom of the foot. Since I worked on Monday, I had to move my foot more, which evidently loosened my ankle up, because it seemed to be getting better that evening. During the day on Tuesday, pain ran through it only every now and then, instead of it being there every single step. By Tuesday evening, it was feeling good. Since I wasn't moving around too much the last few days, I sat around and ate a lot. Now, I have that extra weight to contend with when I get back to running. I plan to pick it back up on Saturday with a 10 miler.

No comments:

Post a Comment