Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dedication or Stupidity

I kept telling myself on the way home that I WAS GOING TO RUN. I didn't care if the temperature had dropped (for Monday's run at the same time it was 74 degrees, today it was 47), and it was rainy. I got home, changed clothes, then changed my mind. I was not running in this weather. I changed my mind once again - I'm going to run. I can always cut it short. I also thought about running closer to my house, but thought that would be a bad idea. I would be too tempted to stop.

I forced myself onto the road and off I went. "What if it starts pouring down? I will just have to turn around and run back." Stuff like that kept running through my head. I wore a cap to help shield my eyes from the rain. The rain had slacked to more of a troublesome drizzle. It was the wind and it occasional strong gusts that really got on my nerves. I kept telling myself that 4 mores was not that far; I can do it and be back home soon. The back of my mind kept throwing out, "4 miles may not be that far, but you've got to do it again on the way back.' I tried to ignore this and keep running. Well, I ran 8 miles in 1:08:25, an 8:33 pace. I'm proud of myself for being dedicated...

No comments:

Post a Comment