Monday, February 20, 2012

February 16, 2012

Another run? On back-to-back days? Yes, I did!

I wasn't sure if I would be able to do it. During yesterday's run, I almost took a tumble. A pain shot through my right ankle as it hit the ground close to the Mile 1 marker. After a few limping strides, it worked itself out for the final 4 miles. However, it gave me problems that night. Then I almost fell getting out of bed this morning. During the day, there was also some pain, so I was not sure if I would be able to run 5 miles on it. It was 52 degrees when I got home from work, so I decided to give the ankle a try. It didn't bother me one bit. My legs felt a little sore, though. Since the temperature (52 start, 48 finish) was about the same as last night, I wore the same exact thing. Tonight, I got a little chilly, and my hands went numb. The wind was back to its tricks. I checked the forecasted winds and it was 10 mph, but seemed stronger than that to me, especially along the river. This 5-miler was over 40 seconds slower per mile than last nights. Pace: 9:13.

No comments:

Post a Comment