Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I usually run - let me rephrase that - I'm scheduled to run on Mondays, but yesterday I just didn't feel like it. I think I'm a little dehydrated. For about 5 nights now, I have not gotten up in the middle of the night to pee. I usually do it 2 or 3 times a night. So, I'm thinking maybe Monday's feeling of being drained and the headache was caused by the lack of fluid intake.

Dreadfully, I drank some water Tuesday - about the equivalent of 3 bottles. It didn't make me have pee as much as I thought it would. It usually runs through me, but I guess it had some work to do.

I didn't really want to run, but I made it out the door. I didn't have a set number to the miles I would run. I began running with 5 or 6 on my mind. As I ran, I got to thinking that I needed to run more. I signed up today for a half marathon this Saturday, so I would be forced to run 13.1 miles in preparation for the Country Music Marathon. I've got to do something. I haven't ran in 5 days. My last run of more than 6 miles was on January 29, when I ran 12. Plus, I may not get to run Wednesday. I ran 10 miles.

The first 3 miles were a struggle. My legs felt tired and sore for some reason. The farther I ran the better I felt - except for getting tired. The weather was good, too. It was 70 degrees when I left home at 5:30 pm, and 66 when I finished about an hour and 40 minutes later. The wind was picking up, trying to blow in a thunderstorm. I was okay with it, because of temps. Total time: 1:39:04. Pace: 9:54.

No comments:

Post a Comment