Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 20, 2012

From what I understand, it "was" a nice day. When I left home for work, it was 25 degrees (had gotten down to 22). Since it was President's Day and there was no mail, I did not step foot outside until time to go home at 3:30. The temperature wasn't bad at that time and it was sunny. However, the wind seemed to be picking up. By the time I got home and out the door to run about 5:15, the temperature was down to 50, the sun was going down, and there was a constant wind. To prepare for the wind compared with last weeks temps. I wore a short sleeve shirt over my long sleeve one. It worked out pretty well. I ran 5 miles in 43:20 (8:40 pace), but I felt like I was running faster (harder). My watch must have had a glitch for a few moments. It had that I reached a Maximum Speed of 22.7 mph and a Best Pace of 5:33. I do not know how long I must maintain such a pace for it to register, but I know I've pushed harder before and never saw such numbers.

** Note: Received an e-mail from Relove Haiti 5k that I finished 4th in my age group. If they would not have allowed an overall winner to double-dip, I would have finished 3rd in the 36-45 age group and got a paper with my name on it. :) That double-dipper finished 2nd overall in 18:19. **

No comments:

Post a Comment