Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - Same Old Song

Yes, it's the same old song - "Back Again", but this time it's an extended mix.

I ran for the first time in 12 days. I thought this month was to be better than February's lowly 44.1 miles. It started good - 6 miles on March 1. Then I had a half marathon on March 3... except that I didn't go. So, 19 miles in 3 days did not happen. I didn't run the half, because I had stomach pangs the night before. It was also to be in the 30's. It was in the 30's, but felt warmer, because of all the sunshine. I should have ran!

I didn't run the next week for various reasons, mainly the weather. I also haven't been feeling well. Two or three nights I took some TheraFlu before going to bed, trying to head off major illness.. I have been aching all over. I am also not drinking enough, but I don't want anything. It's been awhile - I may have blogged about it before, but I still haven't had to get up to pee in the middle of the night. I'm thinking maybe the lack of fluid maybe causing my aches, especially when I have the headaches. I tried drinking some water at work, but just couldn't do it.

By extended mix, I mean I went ahead and ran double digits! I have about 7 weeks left before the Country Music Marathon, so I thought I better hit the ground running - so to speak. In February, I ran a 5k, five 5 milers, one 6, and one 10 miler, and, until today, only 6 miles in March. In essence, I am 9 weeks behind schedule. I'm supposed to run 16 Saturday - I don't think so! I think I'll try 12.

Sunday's time change will now allow me to finish my runs in the daylight (hopefully :) ). It was 78 degrees and sunny when I headed out at 5:30 pm today! Finally! I finished the 10 miles in 1:40:43, a pace of 10:03. I would have liked for it to have been under 10:00, but it's been awhile. Plus, I'm still feeling achy and weak. I was thirsty after the run. I didn't have any sports drinks and I refused water, so I drank orange juice and Dr. Pepper, mostly Dr. Pepper. I had to get up and pee, but only once.

No comments:

Post a Comment