Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Evidently, I Wasn't All That Serious

I was prepared to run over the Thanksgiving holiday, but it didn't happen. I carried my running garb to Mississippi with me, but never really gave running a thought. My excuse is/was "I'm spending time with family."

I planned on picking up again Monday morning (so I would only have a week between runs), but I couldn't make myself get out of bed to run before work. I thought, "No big deal; I will run when I get home from work this evening." However, it was raining when I got home, and I sure wasn't running in that downpour.

Tuesday, I overslept. Sherri wasn't going to work, so I had my iPod alarm set. I also had the sound level so low that I did not hear it. So, no running Tuesday morning. No problem. I will run when I get home from work. After I stopped by Foodlion, it was too dark (and I was too lazy) to run.

Finally, after 9 days I ran again. I thought today would be a good day to start - December 1st. Oh, it was not easy rolling out of bed and hitting the road at 4:45 AM! When I returned, Sherri asked me how it went. I said, "I hated every minute of it, because all I could think about was that I could be in bed." It was 32 degrees with a slight breeze. This morning my weight once again hit a number I haven't seen since June - 176.0. I wasn't going to type it, but I hope by doing so that it will help me work on it. It took me 26:26 (8:49 pace) to run these 3 miles.

I am struggling to run 3 miles on Wednesday, while my brother, Shane, will be running 26.2 on Saturday in the St. Jude's Marathon in Memphis.

1 comment:

  1. you can do it, you are back on track. sign up for a race, let me know and i will sign up too, that will keep you going. heck, sign up for 4 or 5 of them.

    ReplyDelete