Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Back on Track! 4 Miles

Well, I did it! I ran the 4 miles I had scheduled. I ran slowly - especially up and down hills, which are not good for Iliotibial Band Syndrome (ITBS). My knee began hurting around mile 3. It seems my scheduled miles are 1 mile more than what my knee wants to run. However, I was able to run the whole 4 miles without having to walk any. I also did it in just over 39 minutes, with my slow pace, I was aiming for 42-44 minutes. It is not about the speed, though. It is about finishing a half marathon - and although the half is growing in popularity, it is still something only a small percentage of people complete. My main goal is a full marathon.

Today and tomorrow are my back-to-back days, so I will see how my knee does for 2 days in a row for the first time in a long time. I also drop back down to 3 miles, so I will be able to see about that, too.

I am excited about the improvement, but I know that it can all change in an instance.

No comments:

Post a Comment