Monday, December 28, 2009

December 22, 2009

A day late, but I did begin my training. I ran 3 miles in 29:53 - better than I had expected, due to this being only the second time I have run since getting injured on November 15th, the altitude, and the cold mountain air.

My wife and I did a little shopping. Then went back to the chalet. She, Holly, and Crissy went shopping. Derek had gone to a friend's that lived not too far away. Brandi, Ricky, and Lindsey had gone up the mountain we did yesterday. Cory stayed at the chalet to keep Lainey; JJ (what the grandkids will call me) stayed to babysit Max. It was fine for a short while. Then Max woke up with the hiccups, which kept him from keeping the pacifer in his mouth. I picked him up, layed him down, rocked him, bounced him, but nothing worked. I called Sherri's cell phone 31 times! After a couple of times, I called and hung up after one ring and immediately called back to run up the number of missed calls to prove to her she needed to carry the cell phone with her at all times. If it was too bad, I would have called Holly's phone. I finally got Max calmed down and he fell asleep - about 15 minutes before they walked in the door. Max has stomach issues and I wasn't sure if there was something that I should have tried, but we survived.

The women (and whoever else wanted to go) were to go into Gatlinburg at 5:00 - when it would be getting dark to see the Christmas lights. Well, Brandi and family was still on the mountain. The rest of us when to the Texas Roadhouse to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment