Thursday, June 16, 2011

Killed Myself Only to Fail

After yesterday's "improvement", I went into today's 3 miler just knowing it would be nowhere near being under a 9:00 pace. After riding the mower around the backyard and fighting the urge not to run, I headed out at 7:00. I like to run when I first get home from work, so I don't have time to think about - go in, change clothes, hit the road.

Even though it was about an hour later and cloudy again, it was still 10 degrees warmer (84) than yesterday. Mile 1 was 9:32. I kind of expected that, but still felt disappointed. I could feel myself slowing down, so I picked up the pace because I didn't want Mile 2 to be over 10:00. It was actually faster than Mile 1 at 9:17. Total time for the first two miles: 18:49. I thought to myself, "If I can run the last mile like I ran the last mile of yesterday's 5 mile run, I can finish it 9:00 or better." I was off to the races! I ran hard. It wasn't long before I could feel a major slow down, so I picked up the pace. I kept pushing and pushing... only to fail. Mile 3 was at 8:20. My total time was 27:09, for a pace of 9:03. I was 9 seconds over what I wanted. I guess I can live with it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment