Monday, June 13, 2011

Yes, That's Correct

Yes, it took me 39 minutes and 49 seconds to complete a 3-miler. Instead of improving, I'm getting worse. I don't eat anything but junk food, but this past weekend I had it in abundance. I have not been losing any weight. This weekend pushed me to my heaviest since March. Along with the weight, the soreness in the lower parts of my legs contributed to my failure of today's "run". My legs were sore last week during short runs, but on Saturday's 10 mile run/walk, there were no problems. I don't know what's going on there. The temperature was 84 degrees when I ran today. The lowest it has been in about 2 weeks during my runs. I guess that is why I felt cold - cold enough for goosebumps. I think I'm just falling apart. I think I need some rest - lost some sleep while in Mississippi and my legs must be telling me to take a break. However, there is less than 2 weeks before the Wilma Rudolph 5k and 10K, in which I'm signed up to run both. I haven't ran a straight-though 6 miler in a few weeks. I always end up walking some before hitting 6 miles in my 10 mile run attempts. There also is not a lot of time in between the races. The races are what I need to push and motivate me, if I don't kill myself. I know I will fall in trying to keep up with or stay ahead of some other runners. I've got to remember I'm back at 10 minute miles, not 8 minutes miles.

Today's 3 miles in 39:49, for a pace of 13:16. Heart rates: 124 avg (lowest ever recorded), 165 max (2nd lowest), 64 rest. Recovery 165 (which was the max and only because I jogged at the end) to 112.

No comments:

Post a Comment