Thursday, June 30, 2011

Third Day In-a-Row

I didn't get to run Monday, so I ran those 3 miles on Tuesday. Then I did my Wednesday and Thursday runs as planned. If I get in my 4 runs this week, it will be the 9th consecutive week that I have so. What's wrong with me?

The 3 miles on Tuesday were at a 10:01 pace. I ran 5 miles on Wednesday. After completing 4 miles, I saw that, if I could push myself to run Mile 5 in 8:30 or less, I could finish with a pace under 9:00. I pushed harder than I needed to. My final pace was 8:53, because I ran Mile 5 in 7:58! Being stupid, I decided that on the third day to run in-a-row I would try to "pickup the pace" on this 3 miler. Mile 1 was 8:26, Mile 2 was 8:27. I was hoping to keep the whole run under 8:30 after seeing those 2 numbers, but I ran out of gas. Mile 3 was at 8:59. At least it was under 9:00. Total time 25:52; Pace 8:37. My fastest pace since 8:15 on December 2, 2010.

I wish the battery in my heart rate monitor wasn't dead. I would have liked to seen last week's 5 miler rates, because I finished with about a quarter-a-mile away from home (so I wouldn't have to run up a hill at the end) and wasn't sure if I was going to be able to walk the rest of the way home. I also would have liked to see the week's 5 miler when I finished the last mile in under 8:00. And, of course, today's run.

I think Shane has falling off the running wagon again. I hope my suggested route didn't cause this.

No comments:

Post a Comment