Tuesday, February 9, 2010

February 9, 2010 and Catch-up

Sunday, the 7th, we went to Lainey's Christening at the church Crissy and Cory attend. It was also Super Bowl Sunday. The TV was on the game, but I was mostly staring at my computer while it was on. I was not all that interested in the game, except that I wanted Peyton Manning to lose.

Monday, Sherri made me go to the high school basketball game, because Houston County was playing near our home at Montgomery Central. It was snowing pretty good when we arrived at the gym sometime before 6:00. Houston County and some other areas (especially in west Tennessee) already had some snow beginning to accumulate, but they sent the HC team on to try to get in a non district game. Well, to make a long story short, they called the game at halftime of the girls' game. Snow was already building up on the vehicles and roads when we left. I heard it took some people 1.5 hours to get back home in Houston County.

Late Monday night and Tuesday: Sometime during the night/morning, the snow turned into rain. At around 4:30, the rain was making the snow disappear. We went back to bed for a little while, since I was going to wait for the roads to clear up a little more before heading to work. Plus, I saw on the news that the rain would turn back to snow. The next time I got up everything was white again and it was snowing. We did not go into work (Sherri wasn't going anyway). I did get in the 4 miles I was supposed to run yesterday, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment