Tuesday, February 2, 2010

January 31, 2010

Some roads were still covered with snow, but I decided I should run the 11 miles I was supposed to run yesterday. (I haven't ran in 6 days - I have almost lost a whole week of training.)

My feet and lower legs hurt like crazy from the beginning. After the first mile or so, I almost started walking back home. After about 4 painful miles, my feet and legs began to loosen up. However, it was still a tough run from beginning to end. I was probably more sore after this run than any previous run, including when I first started running back in August. The pain in my feet keep me at a slow pace. As I turned up the road to my house, I met Sherri. Because I had been gone so long, she was on her way to look for me. And I still had 3/4 of a mile to go! It took me 2 hours, 1 minute, and 24 seconds to finish. I ran the half marathon faster than this. Instead of being more rested after not running for 6 days, I was in worse shape. I have got to stick with my schedule the rest of the way. The Oxford Half Marathon is in 27 days, and I do not remember the last time I completed a week of training as scheduled.

I was very disappointed with the Grammys tribute to Michael Jackson - 4 of those 5 people should not have been singing. Sheryl Crow was the next speaker, if I remember correctly. Why didn't she sing in honor of Michael? Who was she before she became a solo star? One of Michael Jackson's backup singers (and rumored girlfriend) back in the BAD days. Smokey - okay; Usher - not there yet; Celine - and Michael?; Jennifer Hudson - not really a famous singer, better know for being in the movie "Dreamgirls"; Carrie Underwood - please, get her off the stage. Why not Lionel Richie, who did the intro? Why not will.i.am, Fergie, Akon - somebody Michael actually worked with? I really would have loved to have seen 3T singing it! If you don't know about 3T, they are Michael's nephews (Tito's sons). I suggest the album "Brotherhood", which includes Michael on a couple of tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment