Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Monday, July 12, 2010

Even though I didn't complete the 10 mile run on Saturday as I would have liked, I decided to move on to the next week's schedule. As Will Rogers said, "Even if you are on the right track, you will get ran over if you just sit there."

Although it was 82 degrees and cloudy with a very slight breeze, the weather was not that "cool", because of the humidity. This was a very sweaty run. When I had finished, my shirt and shorts were SOAKED. They were hanging on me like someone had hung them on a clothes line, without wringing them out.

I finished the 4 miles in 37:52, a 9:29 pace. I was still feeling the effects of the 10 mile run. My legs were tired with the shins being somewhat sore. I was also feeling quite thirsty, a feeling I usually do not get. I was afraid that this would lead to blood in the urine again, but it did not - third straight run of blood free pee.

My heart rates were 166 avg, 188 max, 62 rest. Recovery was from 182 to 133. The 182 is a little high to start the recovery, because I was pushing toward the last half to last quarter mile. I'm sure I hit the max somewhere in this part, and when I could no longer hold the pace, I dropped to 182 as I crossed the finish line. This was the only point in which I pushed - my average was only 166.

No comments:

Post a Comment