Monday, July 12, 2010

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Not a success, but not a complete failure.

I finally did the 10 mile run without walking the last few miles. Unlike last Saturday, when I started off with a 9:00 mile, I started off with a 10:00 mile. I tried to start slowly, so I could finish with a descent pace. The only walking I did was just after mile 5 when I returned to my truck to quickly towel off, change shirts, and grab a drink to carry for the final 5 miles. I lost 53 seconds at this pit stop. For the rest of the run, I slowed to a walk, which really wasn't much slower than I was "running", for a sip of PowerAde. I took a drink at about every half mile, instead of every mile. I meant to be running before 8:30, but didn't get started until 10:30. It was 82 degrees when I headed out, but seemed much hotter. The temperature had reached 92 by the time I was finished. Today was "supposed" to be the coolest day between the last 7 and the next 7 days. I don't know what the heat index was, but it seemed hotter today than when the temps were at 97 - maybe it was just me.

I finished the 10 in 1:52:45, an 11:17 pace. I am disappointed in the pace, but glad I was able to complete it. My heart rates were 166 avg, 182 max, with recovery from 177 to 142.

After this run, my pee was blood free! I hope I have this issue under control now.

No comments:

Post a Comment