Friday, July 9, 2010

Thursday, July 8, 2010 - No Blood!

This was the 3rd day in-a-row to run. The lower half of my legs were sore everywhere, except where I expected - the shins and calves. Since this was the 3rd day in-a-row and I will once again attempt the 10 miler this weekend, I knew I had to take this 3-miler easy. I was once again running late and didn't head out until 7:00 pm. Still, it was 86 degrees and sunny.

I kept a consistent pace with times of 9:20, 9:15, and 9:17, for a total time of 27:52, a 9:17 pace. My average heart was 166 and max at 183. Recovery didn't go down much, 173 to 155.

The best thing is that there was no blood when I peed after the run! The first time that I didn't do so in just over 2 weeks. I don't want to get too excited. I did prepare a little more. Instead of my usual one bottle a day of water, I drank another 48 ounces. Plus, I drank about 16 oz of PowerAde before hitting the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment