Friday, July 16, 2010

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tuesday, an off-day for running, Sherri and I mowed the neighbors yard. (They have moved to Florida. I got a riding mower and a canvas shed for agreeing to mow until their house sells.) We got done around 8:00. Since we usually mow ours on Tuesday and did not get to, I had to mow on Wednesday. Sherri went to babysit Lainey while Corey and Crissy went to the funeral home - Corey's mother had passed away. I had planned on running after mowing, but it was just after 8:30 by the time I finished. Now, I'm a day behind on running.

I heard on the radio this morning that a heat advisory was out until 7:00 pm. I began my run just 15 minutes before the advisory expired. It was 91 degrees, and I spent most of the run searching for oxygen. I think I ran the 5 miles pretty well considering the weather conditions. I don't know what the heat index was, but I was sweating like crazy.

I began getting that "thirsty feeling" at about 3.5 miles. I had also experienced a few minor chills after mile 3. About mile 4.75, a cold chill ran through me - so much so that my entire body was covered with goosebumps. This was one of those times I wish I had my phone to call Sherri to come get me. I had about a mile walk home after completing the run. I was tired, thirsty, and soaking wet. Sweat was pouring off my head and I had no where to wipe it. I could feel drops of sweat from my shorts hitting the backs of my legs; my shoes were making a "squishing" sound. It was like I had just climbed out of a swimming pool.

Still, considering my overheating, I think I ran the 5 miles in pretty good time. I did it in 47:49, a 9:34 pace. My heart rate average was 173, max 192, rest 66. Recovery was 191 to 154.

No comments:

Post a Comment