Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

This was supposed to be Monday's run. I got a late start (ran at 7:15 pm), so most of my route was in the shade. It was 83 degrees and felt great.

Believe it or not, mile 1 was my slowest mile! I have been trying to start slower to maintain a consistent pace and/or to complete long runs. Since this was only a 3 mile run, I wish I had ran mile 1 faster than 8:46, because mile 2 was at 8:06. Then maybe I would have had a reason to push mile 3 - to get closer to breaking 8:00. In October, I had an 8:04 and 8:08, and last week an 8:12, but nothing close in-between. I guess because I was trying to increase mileage, was injured in November and December, and took some time off from about the middle of March through the middle of April.

My total time was 25:18, an 8:26 pace. Heart rates: 172 avg; 189 max; 60 resting. Recovery was 184 to 150. I tried to drink a little more before, but had to pee 3 times before I got to run, so there was blood again.

No comments:

Post a Comment