Thursday, December 2, 2010

Made Myself Do It and Got a Surprise

I didn't get up early enough to run this morning, so if it was to happen it had to happen after work. After I had to stop by Foodlion for Sherri, I was even later getting home, and leaning even more towards not running. But I ran! It was dark and 38 degrees. I ran as if I was only running 1 mile. I don't know why I was in such a hurry, except that I wanted to get it over with and eat. I am unable to button some of my blue jeans that I was wearing only a month ago. The last 2 runs have reminded me of what it was like when I first began running about a year-and-a-half ago - labored breathing and a heavy belly. However, I'm running 3 miles instead of one! The "pains" of this run led to my surprise of running it in 24:45, a pace of 8:15. Mile 1 was 7:55. Mile 2 - 8:23; Mile 3 - 8:27. I was EXHAUSTED afterwards, but the times made me feel pretty good about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment