Saturday, December 4, 2010

Up to Five

My wife woke me up about 7:00 this morning and said I better take the dog out before it began raining. I knew the forecast called for rain, and I wanted to try running 5 miles, so I jumped right up. After that, I loaded the garbage into my truck and hauled it to the dump - almost a month's worth - before it rained. Once back home, I was in no hurry to get ready to run. Secretly, in the back of my mind, I was waiting on the rain to talk myself out of running. However, there was still no rain as I headed out the door at 9:00. I thought that my brother, Shane, should be completing Mile 6 (probably farther than that with the adrenaline pumping) in the St. Jude's Marathon in Memphis. Six miles - with 20.2 more to go. And I was only running 5.

It was 44 degrees when I headed out, with a forecast high of 45 and rain. (The temperature reached 60 with no rain, though). I was a little surprised by my time - 43:48, a pace of 8:46. 8:42, 9:03, 9:09, 8:34, and 8:20.

After I finished my run, I was thinking that Shane should be somewhere between Miles 11 and 12 by now......

No comments:

Post a Comment