Thursday, May 27, 2010

Did it!

Since I ran the last 2 of yesterday's 5 miles in just over 9:00 each (9:08 and 9:05), I decided I wanted to run all 3 of today's miles under 9:00 minutes each. It wasn't easy, but I did it!

The total time was 25:32 for an 8:31 pace. Mile 1 was 8:08; mile 2, barely under the 9:00, at 8:55; mile 3 was 8:28. I thought I started out too fast because I was struggling on mile 2. I didn't want to know how I was doing on time, so I never looked at my watch. I knew mile 2 was bad, so I gave it all I had left for mile 3.

What I don't understand is that as hard as I pushed, for as long as I pushed, my maximum heart rate only reached 188. Strange. My average heart rate was 174.

Tomorrow is a rest day. Saturday is back to double digits. I hope today's push doesn't affect my 10-miler.

1 comment:

  1. WOW. way to push yourself, makes me want to go out right now and see if i can better my 3 mile time from today. ummmm i better not.

    ReplyDelete