Saturday, May 29, 2010

F A I L U R E !

Failure! I was unable to complete the 10 miles I had scheduled for today. Funny, the post for the run after the post from my last run went from "Did It!" to "Failure!" But it is not funny. I'm mad. I also cannot blame it on pushing on Thursday's 3-miler, but I do have some excuses.

I stuffed myself the night before and hardly ate anything today before the run. I actually only ate some gummie Life Savers. I went to the dump, Foodlion, fruit stand, and then crawled under the house to check the dyer vent. Sherri had been smelling something through the dryer. The guy that "supposedly" redid our bay window did not connect the dryer vent to exit the house properly. It wasn't even connected to the outlet, so our crawl space is filled with lint! I had to run to Lowe's to get a piece to try to connect the hose to the outlet. By the time I was finished (about 2:00), I was not in the mood to run.

I began running at 2:30; the temperature was 93 degrees. I thought about stashing a drink somewhere along the route, but couldn't find a good place. I told myself that I could run 10 miles without anything, I've done more miles without anything. The thing is it wasn't so hot when I did so. As mile 4 came to an end, I began to get cold. I felt the chill through the rest of my run. The run I changed from 10 miles to 8 miles, because I just couldn't do it. I wasn't worried about feeling cold, because I continued to sweat. If the sweating had stopped, I would have stopped.

Here are Heart Rates: 170 avg; 186 max; 72 resting. Recovery was 177 to 155.

It took me 1:28:47 (an 11:06 pace) for this 8 mile run. Just last Saturday, I ran 8 miles in a pace of 10:10. It seems I am going backwards. I plan on repeating this past week's schedule gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment