Thursday, May 27, 2010

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 5 miles

Believe it or not: I was looking forward to this 5 mile run. Well, that was until I got home. As I sat on the porch steps lacing up my shoes, I began dreading the "5 miles". Then I couldn't get the GPS to work (I guess because it was cloudy). As I fooled with it, the dread intensified. Since I knew where each mile was on the route, I decided I would manually do the splits. I walked to the end of my driveway with "don't run today" echoing in the back of my mind. I began running.

The first mile was a "loosening up" mile; it usually is. My shins were a little sore. I felt wore out as I completed mile 2, mostly because I knew I had 3 more miles to go. At the half way point, I turned around and headed home. Heading home raised the adrenaline. I decided to try to pick up the pace. It was rough, but my times were better:

Mile 1: 9:29
2: 9:48
3: 9:23
4: 9:08
5: 9:05

The total time was 46:54 (a 9:23 pace). Not at all a good pace for a runner, but I am happy about it (for now). I also got my heart rate up to 191 again. (I think this is the highest I've had it before). I can't remember if my max should be 192 or 200. Heart Rates: avg 169; max 191; resting 70. I hope to get my resting HR back under 60 before long. My recovery was from 191 to 132 - whatever that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment