Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Torturous Three on May 17, 2010

This three mile run was torturous! My ankles and the lower half of my shins were killing me. I didn't know if I would be able to finish. I did, but in one of my slowest (if not the slowest) times for 3 miles (32:15 for a 10:45 pace). I don't remember being this sore after running the half marathon.

When I got home from work, the sun was shining on the east side of the house, but it looked like rain heading in from the west. I rushed to change and get out the door to try to beat the rain. As I was about to walk out the door, the thunder boomed. The hard rain came. I waited about 15 minutes and the sun was back out. The thermometer read 67 degrees, but it seemed much hotter than that. Steam was rising from the street.

Due to my extreme soreness, I did not put a lot of effort into my running. Thus, my heart rate average was only at 155, while the max only reached 167.

1 comment: