Saturday, September 25, 2010

Houston County Fair 5k

Ran the inaugural Houston County Fair 5k. I think I finished 5th overall. I was 2nd in my age group (40-49), behind Cousin Todd (3rd overall?). His wife, Marlaina, was the first female finisher. Other family members that ran/walked the race include Sherri (my wife), Crissy (daughter), Shane (brother), Kayla (2nd cousin?) and Lainey (granddaughter) rode in a stroller.

Afterwards, we went to Fitz's to eat. I had a great time and wish it could happen more often - not just the running, but the visiting.

I ran my fastest (of the second 20 years of my life) 5k. I'm not sure if I will be able to beat that pace, because I doubt I will ever run another 5k with that flat of a track. My time was 23:06, a 7:27 pace. However, it was a minute or so behind Todd. It's not that he beat me, but how bad he beat me. One minute is like an hour to a runner.

I was scheduled to run 10 miles for my half marathon training, but I decided to put that off. I ate and watched #1 Alabama play #10 Arkansas. It did not look good for the defending National Champions. Arkansas scored on the 2nd play from scrimmage and, at one point, had a 20 to 7 lead. Bama fought their way back to a 24-20 victory.

A couple of 5k photos:


No comments:

Post a Comment