Friday, September 3, 2010

Thursday, September 2, 2010

For the second time in-a-row, I beat my 4 mile time. Tuesday's pace was 8:22; I ran a 5-miler on Wednesday; and today's pace was 8:07. Dadgum 27 seconds cost me an 8:00. Well, it gives me something to shoot for.

I was "racing" today, because Holly, Derek, and Max were coming from Mississippi. After I got home from work and changed to run, Sherri said they would be at our house in about an hour. I ran for almost 33 minutes and walked about 10 minutes (I finished less than 1/2 mile from home. I thought that if I hurried I would be out of the shower before they got there. No such luck. They were pulling in the driveway as I reached the sidewalk.

Wearing the GPS on my arm causes me to lose a place to wipe sweat from my face. I cannot bring my arm up and brush the sleeve across my face, since the GPS is right under that part of the sleeve.

My ITB has again been bothering me a little lately - just a tingle every now and then. After today's run, it is more constant. I will have to watch it - I don't want to be sidelined for 2 months as I was before, especially with the Clarksville Half Marathon coming up at the end of October. Through FB, my cousin, Katina, asked me where I ran in preparing for the Clarksville Half (she lives around the corner from me). I haven't received a reply from my comment, but from what I read of her post, she "planned" on running the half, but due to her lack of actually training for it, she may be backing out.

Anyway, the numbers: 8:14, 8:16, 8:16, and 7:41 (total 33:27). My side was really hurting. I was really happy with the consistency of the first 3 miles, because mile 3 usually has a big drop in time. I ran like crazy for mile 4, because I wanted to secure a new best time. Heart rates: 166 avg, 183 max, 68 rest. Recover 183 to 124 (the 59 point difference equals my highest recorded drop).

No comments:

Post a Comment