Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Saturday, September 4, 2010

In a hurry again today! I ran earlier than usual (9:00 am), and it would have been earlier if I had not have gone to Foodlion. As I was about to leave for my run, Sherri wanted to know if I would go to Foodlion. I said that I would, but she and Holly couldn't really make up their mind on what to eat for breakfast. Finally, a decision was made, and I went to pick up some eggs, bacon, and bread. After my delivery, I drove to the Salem United Methodist Church for a flatter running course. During the whole drive (about 2 miles) and the whole run (8 miles), I was thinking, "The faster I finish, the sooner I eat!"

It was a nice, sunny 62 degrees when I left and 75 when I returned. There was also a bonus-breeze. The high for the day was only to reach 79 degrees. With the way previous long runs had gone (including last week's 7-miler in 10:05), I was hoping to keep a pace under 10 minutes. "The faster I finish, the sooner I eat!" The first 3 miles were my slowest; the last 3 my fastest. I had tried not to burn too much energy in the beginning. I didn't want to have to walk any at the end. Also, I would have usually slowed down for a drink after about 5 miles, but not today. I kept on running - I was ready to eat a "good" breakfast. The weather, flatter course, and desire to eat made this run a success. It was my fastest pace of any run of 6 miles or more, including the 10k I ran in June. I ran the 6.2 miles at a pace of 8:54; today's pace was 8:51 (a total time of 1:10:44).

Heart rates: 162 avg; 183 max; 68 rest. Recovery: 183 to 124 - once again, 59 point difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment