Saturday, September 18, 2010

No 10 After All

I blogged the other day that I was dreading this 10 miler. However, this 10 miler turned out to be only an 8 miler, because I'm not running a full marathon training schedule anymore. I'm just preparing for a half.

I didn't head out until about 12:30 (Sherri and I had gone to some yard sales) and it was a sunny 91 degrees, so I was in a hurry to get back before the Alabama-Duke game came on TV. Once I got back, I decided to record the game and help Sherri finish mowing. I knew once I had a shower and watched the football game, I would not want to mow. Anyway, I ran the 8 miles quicker than I thought I would. I guess the desire to get back for the game outweighed the problems of this past week's other runs. I finished in 1:09:50, a pace of 8:44.

About the game: Alabama won 62-13. Last year's Heisman trophy winner Mark Ingram played for the first time this season. He missed the first two games after having knee surgery on August 31. His first carry went for 48 yards; the next for only 3; then a 50-yarder. Three carries for 101 yards!

No comments:

Post a Comment