Monday, September 13, 2010

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Ninth anniversary of 9/11 attacks.

After a couple of good running weather, the humidity has returned. When I took Morgan out at 7:45 am, it was already 75 degrees, and felt warmer than that. It was 83 when I left at about 9:30, and 93 when I returned and hour-and-a-half later. After last Saturday's "feel-good" 8 mile run, I was hoping for more of the same for today's 9-miler. Didn't happen. I was ready to start walking before reaching Mile 7 - was really ready before completing Mile 8. I kept going, though.

I must have hydrated too much before I left home and drove to the Salem United Methodist Church. I had to pee before leaving the parking lot. I didn't carry anything to drink with me, but when I returned to my truck after just over 5 miles, I had to pee again. I probably lost 2 to 3 minutes, as I also toweled off some (I was already soaked) and drank about 16 oz of PowerAde. I didn't want to carry a bottle with me for the last 4 miles, so I gulped the Powerade down. I tried to quench the thirst I had and prepare for the thirst that would be coming. Bad idea - it sloshed around for awhile.

Even though I lost a few minutes at my pit stop, I was still able to finish in under an hour-and-half, by only seconds - 1:29:36, a pace of 9:57. When I got home, Sherri had started mowing, so I finished push mowing a small section of the front yard. Then I push mowed the back. My legs were worn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment