Thursday, September 22, 2011

4 Days In-a-Row = Burn Out

Jelly legs actually started Tuesday. My legs have felt weak every day this week, even before Monday's run. I seriously thought about taking a rest day. I've been trying to get in miles for the half marathon. The past 2 years I missed quite a few scheduled runs. This year I am doing my best to run 4 days a week and get the number of scheduled miles in (or more), because the December marathon has some overlapping training days. Next week, I may do some calculating and post some statistics on the number of miles at a slower pace versus the lower number of miles at a faster pace of my Clarksville Half Marathons. I'm sure this research will NOT excite you, but I want to see how it affects the coming up in two weeks.

Along with running for the 4th day in-a-row, another thing that caused this run to feel so blah is that I ate too much junk today. For breakfast, I had a piece of cake. For morning snack, a bag of M&M's. I had peanut butter and crackers, a bag of chips, part of another bag of chips, more M&M's, and on the way home, we stopped at McDonald's and I got a 10-piece McNugget and fries. Then I tried to run on a full stomach and empty legs.

I guess my overall time was not that bad. All my miles were under 10:00 (with 3 of them at 9:56). My total time was 1:06:52 with a pace of 9:33. It seems like the total and pace are less than they should be, but I'll take them.

No comments:

Post a Comment