Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Monday, September 19, 2011

I thought about running the Thursday 5 I missed and the Saturday 2 I was short on Sunday, but I slept about 15 of the 24 hours. After Saturday's let down, we went to eat at Patti's in Grand Rapids, KY. A surprise for Sherri and Terri's birthday were all the kids showed up. Afterwards, I then drove home to tend to the dogs, Morgan and Lola, while Sherri stayed in Kentucky. I guess I was in bed by 11:00. I took the dogs out around 7:00 am Sunday and went back to bed. I got up after 9:00, ate some cereal, and went back to bed. About an hour later, Crissy brought Sherri home and Lainey wanted to see me, so I got up. After about 30 minutes or so, I was back asleep. I then got up and stayed for about 3.5 hours before taking a nap. The next time I stayed up for about 4 hours before going to bed for the night.

I guess all the rest on Sunday was not enough, because on Monday my legs were feeling shaky. Once I started running that evening, I couldn't even feel my legs, except for the pain running up each shin as each foot hit the ground. I ran 7 miles (the "missed" miles) in 1:08:37, a 9:48 pace. I hope to run the actual scheduled 5 for today tomorrow and get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment