Monday, September 12, 2011

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Shane called last night, but I was too lazy to get up and get the phone. We were to try to run together. I didn't know what I was doing anyway. Sherri wanted me to help with Lainey when she came Saturday morning. I didn't want to "have" to get up and run at a certain time. I wanted to wake up when I felt like it. By doing that, I knew I would be finished running by the time Lainey arrived. Sherri was taking Lainey home that afternoon/evening, but I knew Shane couldn't run then because of his wife's birthday. I thought about running Sunday, but once I woke up Saturday morning, I just could not go back to sleep. Sherri asked me how long it would take me to run; I told her a couple of hours. She said for me to call Shane and go ahead and run, hoping I would be back in time for Lainey's nap. (She likes for me to take a nap with her.) I tried texting Shane a couple of times - didn't want to wake him or anyone else. When I didn't receive a reply, I thought maybe he went running without me. I drove the running route I thought he would take on my way to the church to see if he was out there. I didn't see him, so I called him. No answer.

I wasn't really prepared to run, since it was a last second decision. I had a cup of coffee, 2 cinnamon rolls, and some PowerAde. I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach for about the first 3 miles, but it eventually went away. I don't know how - or why - I ran so good for the first so many miles. Mile 1 was 8:44. Mile 2 was 9:34, which was more like I expected for the first few miles before slowing down for the latter miles. After 10 miles, my pace was 8:53. All but 3 of those miles were under 9:00 (Mile 2 - 9:24, 3 - 9:01, 10 - 9:03). During Mile 9, I was wanting to quit. I pushed on through Miles 9 and 10. Then the wheels came off the bus. Miles 11 thru 13 - 9:49, 10:39, and 10:50. I went from 9:00 miles to almost 11:00 miles. Even with the let down at the end, I'm still satisfied with my overall pace. My total time was 2:00:12 (would have liked to erased those 12 seconds, though). My pace was 9:15.

I believe it is safe to say - I haven't checked for sure - that the 35 miles I ran this week are the most I have ever run in a single week.

No comments:

Post a Comment