Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pushing 10

Since I would not be able to run Thursday or Friday and had a 5k race on Saturday, I decided to run my long run of 10 miles today. This just may have been the hardest I've ever pushed. I have pushed harder on short runs, but never this hard for this long of a run. Last year's Clarksville Half was 3 miles longer and about 45 seconds per mile faster, but seemed easy compared to today's run. I didn't feel like anything the rest of the night. I drank some, but probably not enough. I was finished running by 7:30, but at 11:00, I was still feeling the effects.

I stayed under 9:00 most of the run - 8:14, 8:38, 8:59, 8:52, 8:48, 8:48, 8:48 (Actually, Miles 5-7 were all 8:48.37. How in the world were they exact for 3 consecutive miles?), 8:45, then I was running low on fuel for Miles 9 and 10 and finished with 9:24, and 9:28. My total time was 1:28:44, for a pace of 8:52.

I've been trying to get my scheduled miles in (or more). I think I should have been worrying more about my speed. I'm afraid I won't be able to better last year's Clarksville Half's time. )It's hard to believe I did it in 8:09.) For this half, though, I have stuck more to the schedule than for any other before.

Sure wish I had the heart monitor today. I probably would have set a new max record. The average for the run would have had to have been up there, too. I'm not really sore. I just don't feel right... hard to explain...

I finished September with 108.1 miles. The most miles for a month in my 26 months of running, and the 3rd time to be over 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment