Monday, September 26, 2011

9/24/11 - Houston County Fair 5K

I have a thousand excuses of why this did not go as I had planned, but I will only list a few. I had "planned" on beating my last year's pace of 7:27. Let me begin with two days before the race. I ate too much. We ate supper on the way home from work (about 4:00). I had 10 McNuggets, fries, and a drink. Of course, this could not get me to bed time, so I ate more junk. The next morning we stopped for Krispy Kremes. During the day, I ate 5! I had gained 6 pounds in 2 days. I was also 10 pounds heavier than last year. I've been feeling a little dehydrated, but not thirsty - make sense? I had already ran 32 miles during the week. There was also the 5-10 seconds I lost tying my shoe. I loosened the laces not long before the race started, because I felt they were a little tight. About 1/2 mile in, one came untied. I kept running, hoping I could finish. The shoe then began to start slipping, so around Mile 1 I had to stop and tie it. Not that those few seconds mattered.

My official time was 24:30, for a pace of 7:54 - a long way from my goal.

http://www.racenashville.com/houstonresults.txt

No comments:

Post a Comment